Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Dog's Day in the life of a REALTOR


Recently, I was in Herndon, Virginia visiting a homeowner at Worldgate. When I leaving the building, I saw a cute, little, black dog running around. I looked for his owner but the only people out and about were some maintenance people. I tried to get close to check his tags but he kept avoiding me. I managed to corner him inside a building which in retrospect was probably not a good idea! He let me pet him and before I knew it, that adorable dog was putty in my hands...or was it the other way around??

Fortunately for both of us, his owner had a put his phone number on his dog tag. After a few tries, I was able to connect with the owner and arrange to have the dog picked up although he couldn't get there for 20 minutes. What to do? What to do? No leash and time to kill....I picked the little guy up and put him in my car and off we went to the local Starbucks. Once I got my cup of caffeine, I headed back to Worldgate to wait for the owner who showed up just a few minutes later. I reluctantly handed the little ball of fluff to his owner and went on my merry way, happy to have done my good deed for the day.

1 comment:

Catherine S. Read said...

Well he must have been far cuter in person than in this photograph! That was above and beyond the call of duty, but I'm sure his owner was grateful. I certainly would be if someone kept my dog safe and called me to come get him! It's reassuring to know there are still people in this world who take the time to do the right thing.